- This event has passed.
Webinar: Provincial Sales Tax (PST) and its Application
May 18 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 amFree
Speaker: Elizabeth Hilton, Ministry of Finance
The Automotive Retailers Association (ARA) is again partnering with BC Tax Outreach to host a webinar specifically tailored to the automotive aftermarket industry.
The webinar aims to answer any questions the industry may have about Provincial Sales Tax (PST) and its application.
During the webinar, Elizabeth Hilton, outreach coordinator with the Public Information and Corporate Services Branch of the Ministry of Finance will also help answer any questions that were raised by the industry in a recent survey.
Examples of the questions that will be discussed during the webinar:
- Double Taxation – What if this occurs, how is it handled?
- Shop Materials & Supplies – What is PST exempt and what is not? Does it make a difference if it is for general consumption or for repair?
- Auto Parts – Which parts, if any, are PST exempt?
- Outside-Province Vehicles – How to calculate tax on a motor vehicle leased outside B.C., but registered for use in B.C.?
- PST Tier Levels – What are the current tier levels for all vehicles?
- Taxable Services – Which services are recognized as non-taxable? (i.e. battery boosting, roadside tire changing, etc.)